Monday, December 26, 2011

Lighthouse-the day after Christmas

If you have followed this blog for awhile, you will have seen many pictures of the Point no Point lighthouse. In the summer the SBA and I serve as docents. The Friends of Point No Point decorated the lighthouse for Christmas. We finally got out there to take some photos. It is such a beautiful peaceful place. Today , however, it was cold and rainy. No walks on the beach today. We also saw the Victoria Clipper on its way back to Seattle. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

This is the keepers house. It was built in 1880. Today the National Lighthouse Society has offices in one half. The other half can be rented.

Here's the Lighthouse all fixed up for Christmas.



This strange house can be seen on the way to the lighthouse. I have seen it on either
HGTV or Travel Channel . I can't remember which. It is made from the actual front end of a boat.

Here is the Clipper. I heard on the radio that they had twice as many trips to Victoria BC. for the week between Christmas and New Years. Victoria is so pretty during the holidays. Buchart Gardens is all decorated.
I should be ready to show my latest finished cross stitch tomorrow! Thanks for taking a look.

2 comments:

  1. i love the way the lighthouse is decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed the photo's! Love the sea! Thank you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete