Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May! In Cross Stitch and in Bloom!

Wow! I so appreciate all the nice things you said about my pillows.  They were work but I am glad I finished them.  I am enjoying them everyday on the couch! You would not believe our weather!!!! This morning's paper said that the only city in the entire country as warm as we were yesterday was Phoenix- we were hotter(87 degrees) than Miami, Las Vegas, or Houston!! It was record breaking for this area. I did not especially like it! First, I moved here because it is a cool place-temp wise.  In addition, it is too early to be that hot.  Thank goodness, a marine layer moved in today and the temps are more to my liking.  I admit I'm strange, most people loved yesterday!  It did bring out many flowers. Whatever the temperatures in your neck of the woods , I hope they are mild and pleasant!

 May's Word Play.  I am skipping June as I have the PS June already finished and framed.

 These are delightful smelling flowers.

The crab apple ,"Golden Raindrops" came into full bloom in just two days!



 As  did the lilac!

I love this little iris.  The colors are wonderful!

The wisteria also made it in about two days!
Thanks so much for joining me.  I hope you all have a terrific week!


23 comments:

  1. I love cool weather - I loved living in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not complaining about the weather, Barb! It will return to normal soon enough, I'll bet :)
    Lovely finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb - Everything is green and growing! The crabapple is glorious - such a lovely specimen tree - beautifully shaped. I sure like youre May Worldplay - it perfectly reflects what's going on in my world right now. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful embroidery! Very beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's also greening here. But the weather is not as I like it. Very changeable.
    The floweers look wonderful.
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty flowers.
    I just love the little Iris, it's beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love May's word play and your photos are so pretty..especially the wisteria.

    Great pillow finish on your last post Barb,the blues are so restful to the eyes. For some reason my ipad won't let me leave a comment on your blog, so I have wait until I get on my lap top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the May word play ! All your flower photos are so pretty ! 87 is out of my comfort zone :) Hope your weather gets a little cooler !

    ReplyDelete
  9. No blooms here yet but we have had some beautiful days (finally!). Lovely stitching as always...

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything is so beautiful! i have wisteria everywhere here and it sure is messy! my porch is covered in blossoms and i sweep it several times a day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful flowers!! I just love that Iris, those were my Mothers favorite flowers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I giggled a bit that I live in Phoenix, and we consider this weather mild. All of those flowers coming into bloom are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flowers are beautiful. Our weather has been great! Not too cool, not too hot. We had the coolest thunderstorm last night too with dark skies rolling in, thunder, lighting and hail. I loved it. I love your cross stitch in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really must do the word plays one year. Love your wisteria, I always think it looks so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes, mild and pleasant temperatures over here. I hope they'll stay like that.
    Nice to see May in stitching and in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  16. May finish looks fantastic Barb! Thanks for sharing pictures of your garden -- everything looks beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. May Wordplay looks great all framed for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an interesting Iris. I don't think I've ever seen one like it before. Great frame for your Word Play!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm with you! I don't like the heat and sun, give me fog, rain, wind and cloud. Now THAT is a good day :)

    Love the flowers. We still have nothing yet. But we are slowly getting there! The stitching is amazing! I just live for your stitching! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you are enjoying cooler weather today, Barb--I really can't take anything over 80 any more! Love your May Word Play all framed up--I hope to get to that one next year... Your flowers are all so pretty--our lilacs just bloomed this week, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Today was absolutely beautiful - sunny and bright, blue sky and a little bit of a breeze. This is what I love - I hope it lasts through the month!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your May word play Barb!! I'm with you on liking slightly cooler temperatures. I think we'll be getting rain this next week, which will be good for the flowers. Love your flower photos. That iris is so beautiful. I haven't seen one like that before!

    ReplyDelete