Sunday, July 27, 2014

Let's Take a Field Trip

There is small town on the Olympic Peninsula called Sequim.  Every year in July  they have a lavender festival.  We try to go up a few days before or after as there are lots of people at the festival itself.  There are many lavender farms that you can visit, the most famous is Purple Haze. I think I'll just let the pictures do the talking.

 Most farms have row after row of different varieties of lavender.

 How about sitting for a spell! It sure smells good!

Dry lavender anyone?


 I love the yellow and lavender combination.

 How about some lavender and white chocolate ice cream?

 The town is very close to the Straits of Juan De Fuca. It was a warm day and when we drove down here, we lost about 15 degrees!

This is the Dungeness  Light House.  It's a good thing my camera takes long distance photos  as the lighthouse is about 5 miles out on the spit of land. If you want to walk out here, you had better be sure to go at low tide! We haven't made this walk although, we do love a shorter walk on the spit.

I hope you enjoyed seeing this very pretty part of Washington!  Thanks for joining me today.  On Thurs. I will post my progress on the BBD design, "Away We Ride."  If anyone else would like to join our SAL, we'd welcome you!!

24 comments:

  1. What a beautiful area!!! Thank you for sharing! The ice cream sure looks yummy!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pronounced 'Squim', right? I worked with someone from that area. So very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husbands sister use to live there. I had no idea they had a Lavendar festival. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to go to a lavender festival!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those pictures are simply amazing Barb!! I can only imagine what the lavender smelled like - pure heaven I am sure. I could live in that lighthouse!! I have had lavender in ice cream before. Its delicious! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pictures! Lavender ice cream - interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooo what a gorgeous place to visit :) love lavender and the ice cream sounds divine :) great shot of the lighthouse too :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can smell the Lavender. :)
    Great pic of the Lighthouse also.
    Thanks for sharing such a pretty area.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had camped in Squim many years ago. I recall we ate at a resturant that served Dungeness crab but I think that was in the town called Dungeness and the name was the Crab shack! It was many years ago and great memories.
    love all the lavender fields. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos Barb.The lavender fields are glorious and I could just eat a bowl of the ice cream right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Am sure the smell of the lavender was heavenly and the taste of lavender ice cream equally delicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great trip! Love exploring new places, experiencing new things! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful! Your lovely pictures made me feel like I was with you. I love lavender -and lavender ice cream? Oh yum!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lot of fun! My uncle runs an organic farm there in Sequim. Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can smell the lavender! Gorgeous pictures. What a lovely field trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Barb, lovely photos - I just wish that I wasn't allergic to lavender! I have ordered my Away we ride from Down Sunshine Lane and I will start as soon as it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you two had a great day trip! The lavendar is gorgeous...I had no idea it grew in different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, a lavender festival--how wonderful. You seem to have some gorgeous places to visit out your way, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pictures, Barb! Lavender is one of my favorite plants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's all beautiful! We've been to Seattle twice, and absolutely loved everything about it. Now we need to see more of the state. Your lavender pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, I love the look and smell of lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, such great pictures. I remember having been there once, it was wonderful to travel around there.

    ReplyDelete