Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Finish, Some Stash, and A Huge Mushroom!

This has been quite a Sunday!  I have a headache from the football game, not sure if it was an overtime win or my DH's shouting! Anyway on to some cross stitch! I have finished the cross stitch for the medium sized pumpkin.  Now comes the challenge of making it into a pumpkin.  Speaking of pumpkins,  I have enjoyed seeing the real thing on several blogs.  Since we have had another very warm day, after so many 80 degree plus days this summer, I haven't seen any pumpkins in the stores yet.  You wouldn't know Fall will be here Mon. if you looked around here!
We went down to Portland for an over night last week.  I got to the LNS and did just a bit of shopping.  I was proud of myself as I pretty much stuck to my list!! It was not an easy thing to do.  They had wonderful Halloween patterns all over the place.

 Here's the stash I bought.  Doesn't it show restraint?! I had never seen the chart HollowEden. It is very cute with Eve holding a pumpkin in a key spot!

 I found these little trims in an antique shop.  Maybe they will inspire me to do a better job finishing!!

 I love this freebie by "The Little Stitcher."  I couldn't find a small oval and had about given up stitching it.

 This showed up in an antique shop.  It is great, made of walnut with just the right amount of age.  The size is perfect! Plus the price was very good!!!

 All finished!

 My favorite parts to this design were the pumpkins
 
 Look what I spotted on the edge of our yard!  That's my DH's hand just so you can see how big this was!!


I hope you all had a wonderful week-end full of stitching or other fun things! Thanks for joining me today!

20 comments:

  1. Nice trims. What a great find on the frame. Our mums have been out for weeks and pumpkins are everywhere. I can't remember when we had a day in the 80's but I know it's been a long while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one huge mushroom!! We usually have that around here when football is on - lots of yelling. My dad used to have a TV in each room and he'd wander from room to room watching a different game. He loves football!! Love the stitching and that frame looks perfect! Good luck with the finishing - see, I need a teacher. I didn't even know there was such a thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mushroom is huge! I always worry when we find them in our yard that the dogs will nibble them and get sick. Luckily it's dry here so mushrooms and pretty rare. I love those pumpkins too, great colors. Looks like you had a successful day out antique-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stash Barb, and cute trims.

    The size of that mushroom is amazing. You'd think with your warm weather it would make it hard for it to grow to such a large size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Hallow'een stash,the trims are pretty. I like your stitched pumpkin too.
    That is a big mushroom..a super mushroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute trims. What a huge mushroom. Your stitching is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo pretty nice stash and lovely trim..
    Yup that mushroom is huge..
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stash find.
    Can't wait to see your Pumpkins, and those trims are too cute.
    Love that big 'ol Mushroom!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. That witch is going to look perfect in the frame you got ! Don't you love it when you find the perfect thing :) Love those trims ..That mushroom is HUGE ! Have a great day Barb !
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great Halloween trims - love the special find! You're going to be all set as soon as the weather cools down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute trims! I cantwait to see your pumpkin! That frame is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love those trims1 the mushroom looks like a sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look forward to seeing your finished pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Acorns and Threads right? I've not been there for 3 years now. They have LOTS of fabric too - it's always good to see fabric in person I think. Monster mushrooms Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool trims and that frame so pretty.

    That is a crazy looking mushroom LOL Yes, those footballs games can do that to ya especially when they are so close like many were on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the trims, Barb! I love stitching Halloween designs. You will love HallowEden...it's one of my favorite stitches and reminds me I need to dig out my decorations box from the closet. :) That mushroom is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have some crazy big mushrooms around here too. Can't wait to see the finished pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, those trims are amazing, Barb--just love them! And how perfect for such a Halloween lover as yourself :) Your new stash is great and I love the new frame as well. Good luck with the pumpkin construction--you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful stitching and those trims are super cool. Your new stash is great and that frame is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice stash, and I love those trims. I have had trouble finding good ones for finishing.

    ReplyDelete