Monday, June 15, 2015

A Catch Up !

Greetings Cloud Friends!  I hope all is going well with each of you.  We are still very warm and sunny.  As you might have heard, the US Open Golf Tournament is here this week and week-end.  The DH has tickets for the final round on Sun.  I will be home sitting on my lovely cool deck stitching, no golf crowds for me! I have head some people say that they are worried about the world seeing how beautiful it is out here.  The golf course is along Puget Sound , a lovely location.  That plus the week-end is to be sunny and warm, dispelling the myth that it rains all the time up here!
Anyway on to stitching.  I finished ,"In Full Glory" by BBD.  I used linen and threads that I had so I didn't follow the chart. The great thing was, it fit perfectly into an antique frame that the DH and I had bought several months ago.  It is another walnut with a small black inner border.  I love it. 
Since I am still in a patriotic mood, I started Heartstring Samplery's "For Spacious Skies".  I love the big flowers on this design.
I have also added a few pictures of our house on Flag Day and the hydrangea bushes.






 I can't wait till this is all blue!!

Thanks for joining me! Have a wonderful week!

17 comments:

  1. You found the perfect frame for "In Full Glory" and you've got another great start going. We're getting out our red, white and blue decorations too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish and frame for your patriotic design ,Barb.
    Love your new project,the flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full Glory is pretty.
    Great start on O Beautiful, love the border.
    I bet the hydrangea bushes are like a sea of blue when they turn colors.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish!! Your new project is lovely:)
    Nice flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That frame is perfect for that picture. I just love your pelican!!! Your daughter is so talented! I love your cloud background too lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a nice piece. we finally got rain and my hydrangeas are starting to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Full Glory looks great in the frame you had for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In Full Glory looks great in your frame selection. Your WIP of Beth's new design is looking good. Your porch looks very inviting.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely stitchings! And you didn't follow the chart!!! You are my hero! :) I can't wait to see the hydrangea all blue as well, so pretty! You live in such a beautiful spot of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "In Full Glory" is perfect in the frame, Barb, and I love the colors that you used...sometimes a pull from stash ends up better than the charted ;) Your start on "For Spacious Skies" is coming along fabulous...again, I love the floss colors against the fabric.
    Your Home is so inviting and your Flag Day decorations look beautiful, I can't even imagine what a view you must have being so close to Puget Sound!
    Your Hydrangeas are going like gangbusters...look at all those blooms! Gorgeous...
    Have a great week
    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this piece in the frame! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is GREAT that Full Glory fit into that great frame! It looks so nice! And I absolutely love the For Spacious Skies piece... must put it on my wish list! I am going to start red, white and blue decorating around here today. You have re-inspired me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful patriotic stitching Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful frame perfect for Full Glory.
    Nice start on Spacious Sky's.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been doing some very lovely patriotic stitching. I love the frame that you chose for the BBD piece. It's like made for the piece.
    Your hydrangeas are already in full bloom. Ours just have blossoms as it has been so rainy and cool here during the last weeks. And I even don't know what colour they will have. That will be a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Barb ! Love your new piece also ..Might have enabled me on that one :) Love your blue hydrangeas ..thye are my favorite !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love, love, love the BBD finish and your home looks great with all of your patriotic flags.

    ReplyDelete