Monday, July 13, 2015

Stitching, Flowers, and a Really Big Boat!!

Hi Dear Cloud Friends, I  hope all is going well in your parts of the world.  Thank goodness we have had a break in the heat.  With lots of clouds, the temps have been in the beautiful 70's! However, more heat is expected by this week-end! Still no rain and the fires continue to be a problem in  Washington, Oregon and British Columbia.
I am still working on "For Thine is the Trick or Treat".  I am really enjoying it as I was in the mood for both a Quaker  and a Halloween.  I may break my pattern of doing one design at a time and start a few small ones for Fall.  By the way, the Hallmark shop had Fall candles and Halloween cards! Yea!  I always feel guilty when I feel this way as my dear Mom always told us that it was wrong to wish your life away!!
My last pictures are of the aircraft carrier "Stennis"  We had our duty at the lighthouse last Fri. and this huge Navy ship was going past and out to sea. It was fun to see.

 I decided to use gold on some of the stars and the moons, white on the skeletons, orange(a nice subtle shade of orange) on the pumpkins, and all the rest black.

 The lilies are now blooming in the garden.

 My DH is about 6 ' so look how tall that plant is growing!!



 This year I have fallen in love with annual rubeckias.  If we have a mild winter some will come back.  But they are worth planting even if they don't return.


 This one came back this year!

 The Stennis!

 I wanted to show you how huge this boat is so I used that good sized sailboat to compare with the Stennis.

Thank you so much for joining me and have a great week!

21 comments:

  1. It must be a Quaker mood time - I'm thinking of stitching a small Quaker patriotic design. Love your lilies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress on your stitching!! Your lilies are so big !! I can never dream of growing such great flowers. My minimal container gardening doesn't give much. Perhaps, I should work a little more hard to look after my plants. How tall is Rudbeckia plant? I have some seeds. Can it be grown in a container?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour choices for your Halloween Quaker sampler, I do love this design. Your garden is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the Stennis is such a sight!

    Great, your progress on the Halloween piece. I love your choice for some colours on it and I think subtle colours always go with black.

    Your lilies are so beautiful. Our orange ones haven't appeared this year, I don't know why. Maybe last year the snails finished them completely. But we have wonderful yellow ones that are blooming now as well. Your garden is such a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thine is looking great, the changes are nice.
    As always, very beautiful flowers.
    That's a big Lily!
    I didn't know they grew that tall.
    What a cool ship.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is lovely Barb and the the flowers very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow big ship, big flowers! Your stitching is lovely! You still haven't come here and picked up your rain -geez I have buckets for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Halloween quaker progress! What a lovely design :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Halloween stitching Barb! I am also ready to start on some Fall and Halloween pieces! Wow! What a huge lilly .. love all your garden pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the little pops of colour you're putting on your Halloween WIP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Trick or Treat is beautiful, I like the added colors.
    I like having small projects going with my big one.
    Your lilies are lovely and so tall.
    I love the ship pictures, my Husband was in the Navy during VietNam on the USS Eldorado, he loved the Navy.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barb! Oh I LOVE that stitching you are doing right now, I can't wait to see the finish!! I always wish for Autumn as well, my mum would say the same to me - don't wish your life away! I am not wishing it away, I just want perpetual Fall! :) We have been having disgusting heat. Sunday reached 41 celcius with the humidity. Nasty!!! Feels like you are in a warm, wet, woolen blanket. Yuck!! That ship is huge!! But what a grand sight to see - you are lucky to live in such a perfect spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, oh I love the bits of colors in the Quaker, wish I had thought of that, lol
    Pretty flowers and that is a tall lily
    Awesome ship, my dad was in the navy and on those big ships, as well as my brother
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cooler weather is a blessed relief for sure! 90 degrees never felt so good! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. For Thine Is is looking great. Love your color choices, they look great together! The flowers are just beautiful. I bet it was awe-inspiring to watch that ship. Hope your hot weather is soon on its way out. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhh I love the wee highlights on your halloween piece , it looks fab :) and wow that boat is rather large isn't it ... love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goodness--that is one huge lily!! They sure don't grow like that here in Pennsylvania :)

    Love your touches of color in your WIP, Barb--it is looking wonderful.

    I sure wish you would get that much-needed rain--you can have some of ours if you'd like :) We are actually due for two days in a row without rain this week--a new record for this "summer!"

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have also been thinking Quaker stitching! Pulled out two patterns... gotta decide and kit one! Yours is coming along nicely! Loving your flowers... inspiring! And the pics of the ship going by... awesome! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your Halloween stitching! Also, neat to see the pictures of the Stennis. What a big ship!! I'm glad to read you have cooler temps. You must have sent the heat to us in the Midwest...

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such a beautiful garden and your stitching is peerless.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I love your huge lilies! I have rubeckias as well and here they are perennial, but I still have to replace some each year.

    ReplyDelete