Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Monster Revealed!

Hi there cloud friends!  I hope you are having a day like I am here in the NW.  It is beautiful with a bright blue sky and the trees showing wonderful color.  I decided this would be a good day to post about the Ghoultide Welcome.  I ordered a frame from Valley House Primitives and Janet did an amazing job as usual.  The under tone matches the GA Gingersnap that I used so much in the design. The frame makes me smile every time I look at it.  I love working with Janet.  She goes out of her way to please.

 The final size is 26x16 1/2 inches.




 As I said in a previous post, I learned a lot stitching this design.  I don't really enjoy stitching the same things over and over.  There was a lot of this kind of stitching in this design.  That big plant on the left was probably the most fun.  I absolutely love the way the border looks but I got very tired of stitching it. The second photo shows you the beautiful frame! The last picture shows my huge change.  I could not bring myself to stitch all the grass and background to the letters.  I would have died of boredom.  Implementing the change was not easy. I estimated the wrong location for the second row in the alphabet and it all had to be frogged.  I also frogged the bird on the right side twice!!!!!The chart called for using silk thread.  I used tons of floss.  In fact, I lost count of how many skeins of WDW onyx I used.  The design called for 36 or 40 ct.  I stitched on 32.  Silks would have broken the bank. All that being said, I love the way it looks.  It will be up all year in my craft room!!!! While I love the series, I doubt I will stitch another.  I love Liberty's Welcome but the color  changes would be very difficult for that one.  Again the chart calls for silk.  In Ghoultide, I did not like the DMC conversions so I had to wing it with most of the colors.


 The front porch is ready for Halloween! I had a lot of fun doing it this year.  I guess to make up for last year.



My emergency back surgery was one year ago this Friday.  I had a massage today and he asked about the accident.  Once again I was told how very lucky I am.  When I get a bit down, I try to remember that and thank God everyday for the fact that I am able to walk.  Also thanks to my amazing DH without who's help I would never have made it! Thanks so much for joining me today.  I hope you all have a great week!

26 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! I have been looking forward to seeing your changes! Porch is so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghoultide looks great! Love your decorations, especially the wreath. I don't have much up just yet. Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your strength and courage to do better each day! Hope the massage is helping, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your frame finish is beautiful!! And your front porch decor is very nice!
    Glad to know that you have healed well and taking good care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how wonderful this design looks in that frame. A great choice. I can hear you on the borders, Barb. These kind of borders look fantastic but they are so very boring to stitch. My last piece taught me that I should stitch the borders as I go and not leave them until the end.
    Great decorating for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous!!
    The frame is a perfect pick for that design.
    Congrats on your finish.
    Love your porch decorations.
    I'm glad your back is healing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful decoration!
    I send greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stitching and the frame is perfect.
    Your decoration looks great. I like them.
    I love your header. The little witch is very cute.
    Best wishes Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb stitching!!
    The porch decoration for Halloween looks fang-tastic... better stock up on candy!! Love you festive blog look, the little witch is so cute (in her own way ;))

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great finish!! And that frame - WOW! :) Your difficulty with the frogging, etc, etc sounds exactly like what I think would happen to me if I ventured into a huge project like that! :) I just don't have faith in my stitching skills yet to accomplish anything past a small hand held design. Your front entrance looks incredible! I love the mat!! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is GORGEOUS! The changes make it truly your creation. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Gorgeous Barb! Love all your Halloween pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Hallowe'en stitching,beautifully framed too and I love your decorations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Barb, your front entry looks so nice! I hope you've brought all those lovelies inside until the storm passes through!

    I really like the changes you made to the design - good going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is super and it is yours!! The frame is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Floss conversions terrify me - you are SO brave and did an amazing job. The frame is wonderful too. Really enjoy all your decorating too. I hope you are staying safe in all our stormy weather. We've had strong winds today- neighbors lost power for a couple of hours, but so far we are good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ghoultide looks fantastic - that frame could not be more perfect. Your entrance looks great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your piece looks fantastic... what a lovely frame! It compliments the colors perfectly! Stay inside and safe! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful finish and the perfect frame to boot! I love your front porch. Gorgeous autumnal colours. Better stock up on candy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! What a great finish, Barb. I love your changes and totally agree with you about stitching borders and the same thing over and over. Good for you for taking a chance and making this piece your own--it totally paid off! Love that frame, too.

    You and I have the same feelings about life and how quickly it can change after your accident and my husband's last year. You were both very blessed in the end and each day really is a gift :) Take care now--hope the storms out your way haven't affected you too badly...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your framed piece looks stunning. Lovely Halloween décor.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the elements of your Ghoultide Welcome. The border is pretty. You are certainly in the Halloween spirit at your house; all lovely and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on a wonderful finish, Barb! I love the changes. And you did a great job readying your porch for Halloween. : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had to look up the original and must say, your's looks much better with the alphabet and not so much hill. I love the way it looks quite traditional at first glance but then you notice the witch, the giant plant and all the spooky details. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love, love, love your finish - I can see why you will keep it up all year round. Your front porch looks suitably spooky and congratulations on your recovery - a year? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love Cinnamon Stars and your two Halloween pieces that I am going to have to add to my must stitch list!

    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete