Saturday, December 31, 2016

Last Post of 2016!

Hi there cloud friends. I decided to do my last post for this year on New Year's Eve.  I have been enjoying all the blogs that have kept track of their stitching for the year.  I guess I could go back and look at my posts but I probably missed a few finishes anyway.   Plus I am not one to plan for the year.  I sort of stitch on whatever speaks to me in that moment. However, I do plan my next design.  For the start of this year, I plan to stitch Little House Needleworks ABC Sampler Houses.  There is a wonderful shop in Decatur, AL called Cross Stitch Peddler.  I was the only customer in the shop that early morning.  The owner was so friendly and helpful.  I got all the supplies I need to do that design. Plus a few more goodies.  I concentrated on floss and linen.  Charts are so easy to buy on line but not floss and linen.  I like to see the colors myself. 
We were in Alabama for Christmas with our son and his family.  What a treat for grandparents to spend Christmas with their grand children!!  Ian , our adopted grandson is 16, Caleb is 11, and sweet Hannah is 3 1/2. Since I use this blog as a sort of journal , I am including some favorite photos of the week.  I hope 2017 brings all of you good health and much happiness and lots of stitching!!!!

 This was a joy to stitch.  It is Emmaline Cole's Christmas Sampler.  It was designed by Melinda Cole, Merry Wind Farm.  You can find her blog Merry Wind Farm.blogspot or on Facebook. She does a wonderful job designing samplers. I changed the name to Rebecca Morris to honor my DH's 2 greats Grandmother.  She would have been 10 in 1835, the date on the sampler.  I did change all the colors to go with a sort of matching sampler that I am stitching now.

 All ready for the big day!

 Christmas cupcakes , what a treat!!

 Notice Miss Hannah in a sundress, it was 73 on Christmas Day and 70 on Christmas Eve.

 My sweeties!

 The holidays can be exhausting!

 Cookies and milk for Santa.

 Christmas morning!

I love the way they decorate for Christmas in the South, cotton on the wreath!

Thank so much for joining me and again Happy New Year to you all.  I am so grateful for you, my blog friends!

26 comments:

  1. Family time is so precious, especially around the holidays. Love the cotton wreath! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful Christmas. It's always so special to have a little one around.

    Have a wonderful 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh as I ordered several of the LHN ABC Sampler charts this morning. Your Christmas sampler looks fantastic!

    Looks like the kiddos had a great Christmas - happy for you that you could be there with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Maybe a little to warm but still lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a perfect Christmas, Barb! Nice finish on the little sampler. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect Christmas Barb - family all around and a stitching shop all to yourself! Wishing you all a very happy 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca turned out so pretty.
    What a great idea.
    Looks like you had a great Christmas with the kids.
    They are all growing so fast.
    Little Hannah is too cute.
    Glad you got to spend Christmas with them and found a nice shop to bring home some goodies. :)
    Have a great New Year.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you a Happy New Year.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year !! Looks like you had a wonderful family time and got to shop stitching supplies as well. I enjoyed seeing the pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Barb! What beautiful pictures you have shared with us. Your little Hannah is soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year Barb: I love the Wreath so natural.
    All the photos are adorable of the Grandchildren.
    I do not plan my stitching ahead of time, I never stick to what I have kitted up.
    Love the Sampler it is lovely.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year. Your holiday looked amazing. I'm one that always misses the festivities and feeling of Christmas.....really wish we could all carry that feeling all year long. I know I do my part. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year . Glad you had a lovely Christmas .xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely family photos Barb.I am looking forward to seeing your 2017 stitching.Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year!!Christmas looks like a success! Hope you two are feeling better! Woohoo - love shops in other states!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a wonderful Christmas, dear Barb. Love your latest finish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd really love to spend Christmas with my grandson, it would be such a wonderful event. Well, maybe one of the next years.
    Your stay with the family must have been fantastic, Barb, thanks for sharing all these pictures.
    Your new stitchy finish looks so good.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad you were able to spend Christmas with your grandchildren, Barb--that makes a special time even more special, I'm sure. I hope and pray that I get to experience the joys of being a grandma some day :)

    Love your stitching and I look forward to seeing your LHN Alphabet Houses appear!

    Happy New Year to you and your entire family :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It makes me so happy to see the family Christmas pics with the grandchildren! How wonderful for you all to be together on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Children bring such an excitement to Christmas. Happy you could spend the holidays with your grandchildren - they are indeed some cuties. What a lovely sampler finish! And I will be looking forward to seeing the ABC Sampler Houses. Hope your new year is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Barb! Happy 2017! Just catching up on all the blogs I follow, hence my delayed greetings. I love the finish, your stitching is so incredibly precise - I just love it! :) And how lovely you got to spend Christmas with your grandchildren - that's so special! I look forward to seeing what stitchings happen in 2017! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a grand time you must have had! I would totally refurbish that house! Just look - you can see the water from it! Thank you for sharing these lovely pictures.

    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like your site and content so much,thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete