Sunday, May 14, 2017

Three Special Ladies

Hi there cloud friends! On this Mother's Day, I would like to pay tribute to three very special ladies who have been huge influences in my life.

 Here is my mother.  She was everything one could hope for in a mom.  She was also a great grandma.  Here she is with my daughter in 1974.  When she passed away, I not only lost a mother but a best friend!


 After mom passed, my lucky father found this wonderful lady.  She came into my life at a very important time and was always there for me.  This great lady is also the grandma that my children  most remember.  I just lost her last May.  She will always have a special place in my heart.

This is my mother in law in 1967.  She welcomed me into her family with open arms.  It's just been in the past few years that I realize what an important lesson I learned from her.  My children were 4 and 7 when I married my DH.  She treated my children with the same love and affection that she did her biological grand children.  I now have a step grandson, sweet Ian. I will never forget the way this wonderful lady treated my children so I try  to treat Ian with the same love that I give to Caleb and Hannah. 

Happy Mother's Day to you all, mother's or not!

21 comments:

  1. Lovely post, strong woman feature in my life in a time when most woman had to know their place, can you imagine what they could have become in our time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your love of your Mother-in-Law as mine also welcomed my children into the family, called them her grandchildren (NEVER STEP) I dislike that word very much..she treated them the same as her blood grandchildren. They both raised amazing sons too...didn't they? I loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tribute to loving and generous women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was beautiful Barb.♥ Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tribute and pics.
    Happy Mother's Day to you too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such a lovely tribute to the wonderful women in your life - thank you so much for sharing them with us, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet
    Happy Mother's Day x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely and beautiful post! Is it not incredible how lucky most are to have such fantastic people in their lives. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice tribute to the mothers in your life. Hope your Mothers Day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a wonderful post. i lost my mom when i was little and my dad married the first hussy that came along. my life was miserable. it would have been so wonderful to have it work out this way. happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post and a great tribute to all three women. My MIL is the same as your's, she treats all her grandchildren the same.
    I was helping her register on a website and she needed a password so I suggested she choose her favourite grandchild's name LOL How mean of me to tease her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tribute. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely post, Barb, and a wonderful tribute to the three ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not one but three wonderful ladies in your life, Barb... Really enjoyed reading about each of them :) I'm just dreading the day I lose my mom--she is also my best friend... I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet tribute to three very special ladies! Coming from a blended family, I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for the unconditional love of my step-dad, step-sister and step-brother. Happy Mother's Day -- a little late :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been very blessed to have these women in your life, Barb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice tribute to the mothers in your life. Hope your Mothers Day was wonderful!

    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  19. You made great progress.This is really pretty and good idea on site !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete