Saturday, December 8, 2018

A Wonderful Christmas Surprise

Hi there cloud friends!  It's been awhile I know.  I read  blogs everyday but just get lazy about posting.  Today, though , I have something special to share with you.  As you know, I love ,love the frames by Valley House Primitives.  They go perfectly with my style of decorating.  So whenever I stitch a special piece, I order a frame from them.  I stitched Prairie Schooler Christmas Village.  Now that was a big job.  I wanted a special frame for it so I contacted Janet.  She asked if I needed it before Christmas. I said it would be nice but I didn't know their schedule and I was late in requesting the frame.  She said they would do their best and that was all  I expected.  You can imagine how surprised and pleased I was in a week or ten days to hear the frame was ready .   Janet always sends me an invoice and I pay using paypal.  Well instead of the invoice, I got an email from Janet saying the frame was to be a gift from her and Mike.  It made my day , no month , no year! How very generous they are.  The frame is beautiful and will always be so special to me because of their generosity.  What a way to get cheered up  after carpel tunnel surgery and to feel the real Christmas spirit!

 The way I stitched this was to do one house after each project I stitched during the year.  I started it last January and after stitching three houses I knew I had to space them out.

 This shows how beautifully the frame looks with the design.  All the golds and browns are really enhanced by the frame.



 I love the school.  Every village needs a school house with an American flag!!

 See those 53 trees at the top.  They became my Sunday evening stitch. Again I couldn't do them all at once!




I chose this for my last picture for two reasons.  The first because it shows off the beautiful frame very well.  The second because going to Church and celebrating the birth of Jesus is the most important part of Christmas to me.

Thank you for joining me today and a very special thank you again to Janet and Mike of Valley House Primitives!!

26 comments:

  1. Barb, this is absolutely gorgeous! I had never seen this pattern before but have fallen in love with it. You did such a great job stitching it and I can just imagine all the work that went into it. What an absolutely lovely and generous gift from Janet and Mike and I can imagine how it made all that hard work worth it. The frame is perfect for the stitch. I know you will be looking at it and admiring it all holiday season long and beyond.

    I did not know you had surgery but hope you are feeling much better. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful pattern. It looks like a peaceful christmas time.
    The frame is perfect and a wonderful gift from Janet and Mike.
    Have a nice Sunday, Maneula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking for fast convalescence!
    Beautiful xxxxx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, Christmas spirit at it's best, I love your stitching. I hope you heal quickly. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful!!
    The stitching is perfect, great colors too.
    The frame makes the piece even more beautiful, bringing out all of the colors.
    How very generous of Janet & Mike.
    Truly a treasure.
    I hope the surgery went well & that you heal fast.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading this post! Your stitching is gorgeous and frame is perfect...giving from the heart is so beautiful and loving of Janet & Mike, this piece will always have special memories. Many blessings to you this Christmas Season...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, and ehat a nice gift for your beautiful stitching!! Hope you heal quick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My very favorite PS design and it looks wonderful Barb! How very nice they recognized you as a repeat customer. I wish utilities or phone companies would do that, recognize long time customers and give them a special rate! I know...asking for too much!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and wishing you a quick recovery from your surgery!

      Delete
  9. Absolutely EXQUISITE!!! Both the stitching and the frame! Yes that was a wonderful gift for a Christmas gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning -- the stitch, the stitching, and the frame. What a wonderful gift to be given of the frame! Hope your recovery from your surgery is a smooth one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Barb I love it! What a great gift to receive!! I pray you heal quickly Barb.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful piece, love the frame. A beautiful gift.
    Hope your surgery went well and you will have a speedy recovery. Mum had carpel tunnel and had both of her wrists done - not at the same time - although some people were.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful gift, it's beautiful and your stitching looks stunning in it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely gift! You've established a very special relationship and have been well-reward!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely gift to complement your beautifully stitched piece, Barb! Hope you are healing well after your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are recovering well from your surgery. What special people Janet and Mike are, to show such appreciation to a faithful customer is so nice to hear. The frame is just perfect for your gorgeous stitch and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barb: I hope your surgery went well and you are healing super fast.
    What a beautiful frame and how lovely they gifted it to you.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful and really stunning with the frame you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely piece! AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Prajem všetko dobré v Novom roku 2019!!!
    Nádherné výšivky, krása...
    Srdečne pozdravujem zo Slovenska,
    Aďka

    I wish everything good in New Year 2019 !!!
    Beautiful embroidery, beauty ...
    I cordially say hello from Slovakia,
    Aďka

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com/2018/12/2018-online-advent-calendar-december-3rd.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete