Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Warm Wednesday Night!

It's almost ten and I can still see light in the sky. Our cold wet spring and early summer has recently morphed into a lovely warm and sunny few days. The 4th was just beautiful!!! We had neighbors for dinner and enjoyed a super day. It started with a Doo-Dah Parade! Quite the event! There was even a decorated garbage can! The neighborhood children had lots of fun decorating their bikes.
I did a bit of patriotic stitching this year. It took me a while to decide what to do with the small ones. I decided to use frames I had and group them around my feather tree that I decorate for the season.





From left to right these are JBW "Of Thee I Sing", Birds of a Feather,"Land that I Love", and Little House Needleworks "Let Freedom Ring". I used any fabric I had on hand and I used the required floss on the Birds of a Feather and the LHN. I used colors I liked on the JBW. They were all fun and quick to stitch.
In the top picture, you get a peek at the feather tree. It is a very small Bethany Lowe and I have lots of fun with it.
My last venture was the Patriotic quaker. I really enjoyed stitching this one.




I will add the designer and floss colors tomorrow. I seem to have misplaced the pattern.
Last but not least, I will add pictures of my wonderful patriotic "Woolpets" designed by my very talented daughter!!

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment