Friday, September 16, 2011

A Halloween Favorite

Each year one of my favorite things is to get out my Halloween stuff. Because we'll be gone for part of Oct., I am doing it a bit early this year. I thought I'd show one of my favorite cross stitches. I did this many years ago but I still put it in a special spot. It is called"Three Gables."
It is by The Cricket Collection. I'm sure I used the recommended fabric and floss because at that point in my cross stitching, I went by their suggestions. Now, I change things to suit me. I do like this ,however, and don't think I would change anything. You will notice the clever matting. I had this framed at a shop in Louisville that has since gone out of business(very sad, a great shop!) They had a very creative framer and the mat was his idea.

The whole house!

This is the upper floor.

A clay wreath.

I started in the middle of the lower windows. I did not look carefully and check my rows. I assumed it was symmetrical. When I got to the top, I couldn't make a point!! At least a week of frogging. (In cross stitch language, that means ripping out!)

A cute witches broom!

Love the spider web and iron gate!

A very cute Victorian door. Can you see the ghost eyes?
Thanks so much for looking and have a wonderful week-end!

1 comment: