Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Little Bit Of Everything!

I know I said I was finished posting about Halloween but I have to add a few last minute bargains. There are several cute shops in Poulsbo. In fact, it is sort of a little tourist town. A few of them had great Halloween stuff. Well, on Fri. things got marked down to 40-50% off. I had seen a fancy witches hat used as a center piece and I had my eye on a couple of them . Sure enough, I got my favorite for 40% off on Fri. Well it looked kind of lonely on the dining room table so on Sat. I found this cute little bat lace cloth at 50% off. Now, I'm not a lace type person but it does look great with the hat!

Next year these will be up for the whole holiday!!

The weather people said there was to be a hard freeze last night. I meant to get out and pick the last of my Dahlias ,but never made it out. Fortunately, they looked good today so I picked this pretty bouquet.

I promised a cross stitch update. Here is my progress on the Halloween one I mentioned in a previous blog. I did stop working on this one for a bit as I want to finish Thanksgiving stuff.

I just finished this one that I had started before I got into the Halloween stuff. It is a Blackbird Designs "Give Thanks" I used the recommended fabric and floss. It was fun to stitch and the colors are so much prettier than they show in this photo.(Maybe Santa needs to bring me a better camera!!)

Here is the "Thankful Quaker by Bent Creek. Again the colors are so rich and fall like. Sorry for the wrinkles!

This shows the colors a bit better. I ordered a frame at Michael's today so I'll be all ready to frame it when it is finished. Or I should say the SBA will be ready to frame. After all, he is my framer!

Thanks for taking a look!

1 comment:

  1. Love the WIPs and the Witches hat and cloth are perfect for Hallowe'en!!

    ReplyDelete