Friday, October 4, 2013

Cross Stitch and Fall Comes to the Market!

Thanks for joining me today.  I hope this will be a fun post to read.  I was shopping at my favorite market(Central Market in Poulsbo) the other day and I noticed all the seasonal beer and ales.  I thought it would be fun to show you all that I found! 
In the cross stitch world, I'm making great progress with Caleb's Halloween design.  My goal is to have it done by Mon. Then we can get it framed and off to the dear boy!

 I have a few more motifs by the fence, buttons, beads, long stitches, and spider webs to add.

 The entrance to the market.



Some of these cabbage heads weigh 25 pounds.  They are for making sauer- kraut.

 Here comes the beer and ales!












Now here is my problem.  I recently joined a group at the Y.  It is designed to prevent diabetes.  I have it in my family.  I need to loose 7% of my body weight.  Unfortunately that means no or very little beer!!!
I hope all of you have a terrific week-end!! Thanks for joining me!

16 comments:

  1. Caleb's Halloween piece is looking great! I love seeing your work. And I love your banner witch, did you make her? Good luck with the beer and at the Y.My weakness is wine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post Barb. I love the fabric you are using on Caleb's stitch. I need to drop some weight too and as I don't like beer,must give up chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you're doing for Caleb's Hallowe'en. I've almost finished The Prairie Schooler's 'Knock Knock' to send to my two grandsons. It's fun, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching for Caleb.
    I am also struggling with the weight, Should give up chocolate and butterscotch candies!!
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooups, forgot to say your header is very cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Halloween stitching ! The witch is adorable ! Did your daughter make it ? Love all the signs of fall !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Witch!
    The Hallowwen piece is pretty awesome too.
    Some of those beer bottles are really unique.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the witch on your header! cool booze!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Halloween piece, the skeletons are soooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caleb's piece is looking great--and spooky!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your needle has been flying! Such a wonderful piece for Caleb. I loved seeing the labels on the beers and ales, they are all decked out for Halloween too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all the nice comments about the witch! I've inherited my talents from my lovely mother! Beautiful piece for Caleb- it looks fun.
    By the way, Kevin says that the Rouge beer in the orange bottle was very good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caleb's stitching looks perfect!!! Great colors, love the linen! If I were to drink, I'd like a bottle of that Witch Hunt. Love the box!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how cute is Caleb's piece, Barb!! I love it :)

    I'm not a beer drinker, but my husband brews his own and considers himself quite the connoisseur! I will definitely show him this post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the witch in your header! How cute is she. Great progress on your stitching and I am sure Caleb will love it. I am off to my local Central Mkt to find some of those. It doesn't feel like fall here in Houston, but maybe I could taste some.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That market looks great. You know, when TraderVic and I were in New York I saw the hugest oranges - the large cabbages remind me of them.

    ReplyDelete