Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Finish and More Witches

First, thanks to all of you who said such nice things about my header.  She is one of many witches that my DD, Laurie , has made for me.  I decided to show you even more in this post.  I love her work.  She commented that she got her creative talent from me, not quite true.  Laurie is more creative than I will ever be.  She is truly an artist and wool has been her medium.
I also finished Caleb's Halloween design one day early, on Sunday.  I think it is a great design for a little boy.  I don't think I ever put so many things  on one design, beads, glittery rayon floss, and several buttons. It was quite a challenge.  We now have to get it in the mail to him.

 Dancing  In the Moonlight by Praiseworthy Stitches (in the JCS Halloween magazine 2013 issue) stitched on 32 count Haunted Belfast( a bit more blue than the photo shows) by Picture This Plus.  All threads and buttons were the ones suggested except the spider web, that I stitched with DMC rayon floss.

 I love the iron fence!

 Now the witches and a few other Halloween decorations from Laurie of Woolpets.







 She is almost too happy to be a witch!



 This was my first witch.  She sits on top of my Halloween tree.

 Both the beautiful owl and the bat are from my DD.



 I keep him up all year with different little things at his feet.


Thank you so much for joining me today!  I hope the week is going well for all of you!!!!

20 comments:

  1. Great finish & the perfect simple frame to set it off. Love all your felty creatures. You DO take Halloween seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous finish! Caleb is sure to love it. Your daughter's wool work is wonderful. I just love that raccoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish! Caleb is a so very lucky.
    I really love your little wool animals. Your daughter does have a talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is fabulous! Love all those vexing skeletons! Love the felt things - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on getting Caleb's piece finished! Your daughter's wool creations are fabulous. Thank you for sharing!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Halloween finish ! Your daughters felted pieces are just fabulous ! Both of you are very talented !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish! I just love all your little felted witches and animals. Way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhhh don't know which I love the most the wee witches and other creations or the stitching .... my wee meecies are enjoying watching the season changing with their other little friends :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh how nice. I fell in love with all the felted pieces. So cute. Your daughter is really very talented.
    Thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dancing turned out awesome!
    Caleb will love it.
    You did a great job on it, and fast!
    Your daughter's Woolpets are just sooooooo cute!
    She certainly has a talent.
    Thanks for sharing your Witches and other Halloween pets.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic finish...looks so great.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  12. Obrazek na Halloween-super! Tyle detali i ta pajęczyna! Filcowane postacie boskie! Wszystko gotowe do Halloween :) Polskie pozdrowienia z Irlandii :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caleb's Halloween piece turned out so good. I know you stitch one for him every year... how many does he own now? I'd love to see them all together one day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic finish. What a great design it is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, it is just darling, Barb!! How many have you stitched for Caleb now? He must have quite a collection. And what a delightful collection of Laurie's Halloween creations you have--lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love making the little witches, and I'm so glad to have a wonderful mom to give them to! Caleb is lucky to have a grandma who makes him such cute pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these felted pieces are just wonderful! i love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Late chiming in but oh Barb! Caleb's Halloween stitching is perfect! I love it - the linen is perfect! And those little wool lovlies ~ your daughter is talented for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!!!!! The Halloween finish is wonderful!!! Caleb will be so excited.
    Love all of the Woolpets. Your daughter is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your daughter is certainly very talented. Love the finish, too.

    ReplyDelete