Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Seattle Celebrates!

If you are tired of my football posts, feel free to stop reading now.  We have been in Arizona the last 5 days and I will have some posts from there, including The Attic needlework shop very soon.  However, we had an amazing day today in Seattle.  It was a parade for the team. I would more accurately call it an entire city celebration of the Super Bowl win.  Just a few stats: over 700,000 people were in the city today.  That number represents more people than live within the city limits of Seattle.  One third of the school children did not go to school (about 17,000), and over 500 teachers called in sick! I hope you enjoy a few pictures of the great event!

 The Quarterback, Russell Wilson

 Typical crowd

The famous running back Marshawn Lynch

 As I said 700,000 people!

 The team all rode in these open military vehicles according to their positions.

Wilson with the trophy. There was a giant sold -out rally in the stadium. The stadium was full. I don't know if that was part of the 700,000.

 Last night on the ferry coming home from the airport we saw this tall building honoring the 12th man.

Our water-front Ferris Wheel decked out in Seahawk colors!  I think all of the region thanks the team for the fun football season! Thanks to all of you for joining me!

8 comments:

  1. I wondered if you'd attend Barb. Glad you did. What an amazing turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy the Seahawks won! Glad you had fun celebrating the big event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a party! What a game! We are still talking about it at work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing for Seattle. I think that is great that so many made a special day of this, what great memories it will be for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your team Barb ! Looks like they were celebrated in style !

    ReplyDelete
  6. nothing like a superbowl celebration. lucky for me, i know them very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see the SeaHawks taek it! I dont think it will ever happen for the lowly Buccaneers in the next 100 years ....

    ReplyDelete