Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Finish

I hope all of you have had a great week and are enjoying the week-end!  We are having rain, rain, and more rain.  I think we are making up for the dry summer.  Well, that's great weather for reading and stitching.  I'm reading "A Quilt for Christmas" by Sandra Dallas.  The book is very good. It's more about how the women who were left on the farms during the  Civil War managed ,than it is about any particular quilt or about Christmas.
As far as stitching, I finished "At Cock's First Cow"  in the booklet "Sisters"  by Blackbird Designs.  My goal was to have it finished by Halloween and I beat that deadline by a week!

 To me , this is a perfect Halloween Sampler.  The booklet indicates that many of the motifs in this design were taken form the antique samplers that also appear in the booklet. They are stitched, however, in great Halloween colors. I used 32 ct. lambswool and the suggested floss colors.  This will stay up all year in my craft room.  I love it! I still plan to stitch more designs from that booklet.

 I think I want to move into that house!!!!!!

 Thanks so much for joining me and have a great week-end!

26 comments:

  1. that is just wonderful. what a lot of work you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finish I love the colors I think I would keep it up all year also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish!!! What beautiful stitching!! I think you should keep it up all year. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! I love the colors, the house, the crows, everything! Nice work! We are in the middle of a blustery few days - no rain but the wind will blow your wig off in a heartbeat! We are due rain tomorrow and Monday. Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish!! It's looking great:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great sampler. Never saw it before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Congrats on the very perfect seasonal finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great Halloween Sampler.
    Congrats on your finish.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really lovely Hallowe'en sampler,it deserves to be on display all year round.Congratulations on finishing ahead of time too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished this sampler last week and sent it to my friend for her birthday. I hope to post a pic to my blog today. I love that book too!! So many great pieces in it!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your finish! I need to see if I have that booklet by BBD. I really like the colors you used.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that's looks great, love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun stitch. Love the colors, perfect for this time of year.

    I love Sandra Dallas books. I have all her novels and am currently rereading them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love it! I would like living in that house too . I love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool Barb - Wonderful October color palette. Are you going to have this one framed to display each year?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sure love this one...the colors, the pattern...everything...it is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this design - and I had honestly forgotten that it was in the Sisters booklet by Blackbird Designs! I recently dropped off "Away We Go" at the framers, and now I think I MUST do this one as a companion piece! Beautiful work - thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Barb! Perfect for the season, and just as great to have up all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry about all the rain, Barb, but at least you can enjoy your stitching in spite of it :) Your latest finish is wonderful and just perfect for a Halloween lover like yourself!! Only 4 days left til Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this one, I have this book, too and plan to start it soon. Gorgeous stitching as always, so glad that you beat your deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's great, lovely colours even for a Halloween piece.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks lovely, I think I will have to find that booklet...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it! Definitely will have to find it! You did wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on a nice big finish! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete