Sunday, December 14, 2014

A Finish and some Green!

Thanks for joining me today and I hope all of you that celebrate Christmas are getting things done and finding time to enjoy this beautiful season. I have the goal of making my grand -daughter, Hannah, a Christmas ornament each year.  Those of you who know how slow I am at finishing can understand that for me, this is quite a commitment.  Anyway, it is finished and I will get it in the mail tomorrow.
We have a Christmas song that they play quite a bit up here.  It is called,"Christmas in the Northwest."  My favorite line in the song is, " Christmas in the Northwest is a gift God wrapped in green."  When I got up this morning and looked out the window I thought of that line.  I grabbed the camera to share the "green" with you.



 I love the back fabric for a child's ornament. See the snowmen.

 This was just the right edging.  I got it some time ago at a  sewing expo. I wish I had more.

 All the following pictures were taken off our deck.  We have the same view out the window of the master bedroom.

 Some people don't like the moss.  I think it is quite pretty



 We have lots of these big sword ferns growing wild.  They stay green all winter.

 
Even my hellebores are showing life. I will have flowers soon.
Thanks again and have a wonderful week!!

23 comments:

  1. Love your ornament!!! So beautiful! I make 8 ornaments each year for my children and their spouses, my husband and my 2 grandchildren. And I agree the finishing is the hard part. Love your "green" views!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely gift for your granddaughter. And all the green - I find it soothing, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah's ornament is so cute, love how you tagged it on the back.
    The hellebores are so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty ornament finish Barb ! Such a pretty view out of your windows !

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ornament is wonderful! Wow - the scenery is so green - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful ornament she will treasure always I started this tradition many years ago fun to see all the ornaments I have made hanging on their tree. Love your views....Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful greens! Congrats on a great finish. May your days be merry and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pretty gift for your grand daughter.The colours are very Chrismassy.great green photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your ornament and the sweet sewing tag you made for the back :) Darling! I like moss too! And your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely ornament for Hannah! Such a fantastic keepsake! Your greenery!! Such a lovely sight! We actually had melting temperatures since middle of last week. We can actually see some grass in spots. Its dead and brown, but its still grass!! :) I love moss on trees. Something special about that!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your ornament and what a memorable for your
    Gd --where did you find it? Very much for the season

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hannah will surely treasure the ornament you made just for her! And when she's grown, she'll have quite the collection for her own tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling ornament for Hannah! She should have a wonderful collection when she has her own tree some day.

    You're right...that trim is terrific! I've never seen any like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A perfect ornament for Hannah, and it is finished so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute ornament for Hannah
    Pretty green out your window, when will be be white??!! Lol
    Happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the ornament for your granddaughter, a wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Hannah will love her newest ornament, Barb--how cute! I love all the green, too. We have a lot here in western PA, but not as much as you! It doesn't look like we'll be having a white Christmas this year.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hannah is going to love her ornament - it is so sweet. Thanks for showing us the view from your deck - so gorgeous. Merry Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great ornament for Hannah! You have quite nice views of nature from your windows... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hannah's ornament is so cute and that fabric makes perfect finish. I enjoyed seeing your view from your deck. We don't have snow right now, but we also don't have any green either. How neat that you have flowers blooming.

    ReplyDelete