Monday, June 18, 2018

A Road Trip

Hi there cloud friends.  It's been a long time since I showed any photos of the beautiful NW.  Last week, my DH and I decided it was time for a road trip down to Oregon.  We had never been to the Columbia Gorge so that was our destination.  We did make a short stop in Portland but then headed to Hood River.  There are many waterfalls along the road.  The problem was that a fire last summer made most of them  not available.  The roads and trails to them were still closed.  We did manage to see two beautiful falls.  My new discovery however, was the Fruit Loop Road out of Hood River.  There were orchards of cherries, pears, and apples and a few wineries along the way.  All in the shadow of magnificent Mt. Hood.  The countryside was beautiful even on a cloudy rainy day! This area is also known for micro-breweries., so each day with supper I tried a new seasonal beer.

 The road along the Columbia was only open for a short distance due to the fires.

 We were able to get  close to the very pretty Lataurell Falls


 Here is the famous Multnomah Falls.  In the past there were trails up to that bridge but the trails were closed.


 Mt. Hood

 Just a small picture of the Fruit Loop Road.  I really want to go back here in the Fall when all the fruits are being harvested. It would be fun.  Apparently each little town has a harvest festival.

 Looked a bit like our Sequim with the lavender!

The sun came out and we had a delightful end to our trip! Thanks for joining me today.

I will be trying the technique to see if I will be able to read comments.  If I can't, I will thank you ahead for your kind words!!Blogger is driving me crazy!

19 comments:

  1. Wow. The falls are magnificent! Not sure I would walk across that bridge. I love the scent of lavender. Nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wonderful trip, thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pics of the Falls and Mt.Hood.
    I bet it smelled wonderful driving by the Lavender field.
    Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like great scenery to drive through, thanks for sharing the beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures! Glad to know you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not able to post a comment without being anonymous, I am I love to stitch
    Beautiful photos.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures of your trip, Barb! I will never forget my trip out there to visit family. The Columbia River Gorge is just spectacular and I still remember standing on that bridge at Multnomah Falls. And I would have been in lavender heaven! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pleasure to see as new post from you - and a post about another one of your trips. The scenery you show here is just breathtaking and I want to thank you for the wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, I would love to see that pretty field of Lavender. The scent must be heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, such pretty photos, Barb--having never been to your "neck of the woods," I really enjoyed seeing them :) I always enjoy seeing waterfalls and I'm sure the lavender fields were a delight for both the eyes and the nose! Hope your summer is off to a great start, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your lovely photos Barb.The scenery is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sad about the fire damage - and all started by a bored teenager! Horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Barbara, Oh, I love the name the Fruit Loop trail - so cute and yet so appropriate. The Blogger issue is fixed - go to Jo's blog post here to see how to fix it. http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2018/06/finally-solution-to-comment.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really a beautiful blog.It is very astonishing and marvelous design.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful pictures, in spite of not being able to get as close as you'd like to some places. I'd want to go back in the fall too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That fire was tragic and will change the way we enjoy the Gorge for years to come. Kirsten and I drove down to Portland in early June for an Ikea run and I was impressed to see how much clean up of dead trees and shrub they've done already. I hope they can get the historic highway opened again soon. The Vista House is a wonderful spot and you can still get there by driving the back way.

    Hood River is a favorite spot for our family too with their microbrews and wineries. A favorite of ours here in Richland is opening a tasting room there this fall. Also that Fruit Loop road is great for photographers anytime, but just incredible in the spring. Hubby has done that a couple of times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing.Thank for your very good article...!

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard of the fruit loop and forgot to go this year! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete