Monday, September 5, 2011

Fall Projects and a finish," Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow"

For the first time this summer, it feels like summer!!! We are going to have a week of days in the 80's. I prefer the 70's but many people do welcome a bit warmer temps. It's harder to get in the fall grove but I'm still in the mood! I'm working on the runner. Last night I actually got the strips sewn together. As I mentioned before , I used big squares so I could enjoy the Halloween fabric. Not much happened over the week-end. I did go with the SBA to see "Rise of the Planets of the Apes. " He loved it!! As for me, well..........

Here are the strips before I joined them together.

The vintage kids and witches became my main fabric . I did 8 of these. the other 16 were colors and designs that I thought supported the main design.

Well here it is finally done. Actually , I think I finished it late last winter. My design is very different from the main pattern. This will better fit in the space I have planned for the design. I am having a frame made at "Valley House Primitives." Those folks do wonderful frames!!!

The first three I chose introduce the fall. I plan to keep this up from Sept. through Nov.

Love the scarecrow and pumpkins.

This one reminds me of Kentucky, the place we lived before moving out to the Pacific NW.

The next three are about my favorite holiday and of course, I had to do the witch!!

Owls and spiders are sort of Halloween! Plus the colors in this were just beautiful!

Spooky!

This transitions from Halloween to Nov. and Thanksgiving.

Love the big turkey!

Finally we are at the end. I stitched this on 32 ct. linen antique ivory. I used the suggested colors on the pattern. The pattern was by Carriage House Samplings.
Thanks for taking a look at my efforts to get fall here!

No comments:

Post a Comment