Thursday, September 1, 2011

Halloween fabric and a new project!

Well the first picture is a sure sign that fall is on its way!!! That means Halloween can't be far off. We have lots of very interesting spiders and webs in the fall. I love the foggy mornings when mist clings to the webs and you can see how they are constructed. This poor spider tried making a web across our doors that lead to the deck we use everyday. That was the end of his web,but not the end of my fall/Halloween mood! Now for several years, I have been collecting Halloween fabric with no project in mind. I just love the way they look. Well, I decided it was time to put some of the fabric to good use. I have used a small quilt across the island in our kitchen and thought that would be a good spot to put a Halloween runner. The first job was to wash and iron all the possible fabrics I might use. I did that and after all that ironing decided to wait till the next day to choose my fabrics for the runner. We did determine that an 8 by 3 runner would work if I used 8 inch squares. That size square would show off the fabrics.

Here's Mr. Spider!

This photo is way too dark but you get the idea. This will be what I use to make slip covers for my wicker chairs on the front porch. It's not really Halloween but I use them from Sept. to Nov.


Here are the possible choices.

I love witches and love this one!

What to choose!!!





Here is the island I will cover with the Halloween runner.

I love the look of white pumpkins. I always get a few real ones that I use outside.

I found these at Tues. Morning. They'll be great on my tree!

Thanks to anyone who has taken time to read my blog!

2 comments:

  1. love the ornaments! I'll have to see if I can find them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah for halloween! now if it would just cool off a bit. we are dying here!

    ReplyDelete