The Heron

The Heron
Summer

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pumpkins and cross stitch!

Well, I'm back to the Halloween theme today. We did have another great day here in the Pacific NW! However, on Thurs. afternoon, I volunteer at a nearby school so no fun walks on the beach today!

Remember this sign came from a previous post?

Well, here they are!!!!! We met our daughter for coffee on Wed. am to be greeted by this wonderful pile of pumpkins!



A pumpkin Mountain!


This is Albert, our daughter's dog. He's checking out the pumpkins. We love him, he thinks of us as Grandma and Grandpa!!


I did this cross stitch last year. It is on 32ct antique linen. The threads I used were in a special package designed for the Jenny Bean Halloween sampler. This sampler is by Shakespeare's Peddler. It was fun to do. I did change the black color to Onyx. I did the sampler on 32ct. linen and the directions called for 40ct. so the package did not have enough of the blackish color. I liked onyx better than the bluish -black that was called for.

The colors had fun names like: witch's wart, sarcophagus, zombie flesh, nightmare,coffin lid,dried blood,swamp water,and parched bones!

The in initials on the gravestones(my own addition) belong to my two revolutionary war patriots.(Yes, I do belong to the DAR).
Well, Oct. is just around the corner so I hope this helps you to get in the mood! Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. yeah for pumpkins! your grandson is a real cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet photo of Albert! He sure loves his grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Barb,

    I love your blog! I bought the Jenny Bean sampler after seeing yours....love the picture of your home.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete