Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cross Stitch, Gourds, and Darth Vader

I was able to find two wonderful shops while traveling. I always enjoy Patches and Stitches in Huntsville. The ladies there are very helpful. I got several things ready to stitch. When I saw "Thankful Quaker" by Bent Creek, I knew I wanted to stitch it. At the present, I have no Thanksgiving pieces finished. I do enjoy stitching a Quaker design and the colors in this one are great. My camera doesn't do the best job with color. It makes things look drab. In this design the threads are very rich fall colors. Plus, I love the Thanksgiving hymn, "Come Ye Thankful People, Come."

I'll start this one next.

I got the fabric and thread to stitch this one. It's a good thing the colors are simple as the whole pattern is written in French!! I don't speak French! My Grandson saw this and said, " Grandma are you doing this one for me?" I think I'll turn to the Thanksgiving pieces and finish this one later for him. I'm not sure the color of the fabric. It was in a basket of small pieces so the lady didn't know the color. The threads I'm using are WDW Kohl and DMC white.

I picked up these two magazines. I love a few samplers in the,"Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly.


Last but not least, I went to a wonderful shop called Keepsakes. I had e-mailed Ellen Chester of " With My Needle" blog and she suggested this shop. Thanks Ellen, I loved the shop!!! This will be a project for next Halloween!

The Halloween lover that I am could not resist these scissors!!

In the post yesterday, I had pictures from the pumpkin farm. Here are some of the amazing pumpkins and gourds that I saw.



I love the warty ones.



I think people make bird houses from these when they are dry.

Just love the colors!

More warts!

I'm ending the post with two photos of Caleb and his friend. He plans to be Darth Vader for Halloween.

And of course, Darth Vader does not smile!!!!!!

Thanks for taking a look!

1 comment:

  1. Caleb is too cute to be Darth Vader, but he looks like he's happy! I didn't know that ninjas wore flip-flops. MIght be hard to chase the bad guys with those sandals on. At least Darth Vader has some sensible shoes on!

    ReplyDelete