Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Trip Across the Water

Yesterday we took a trip to Seattle. We both wanted to get our for a bit since we had been sort of stuck in the house while I recovered from the hernia surgery. They had a art-craft show called " Best of the Northwest." We decided to go. My husband likes this show . It is juried and the artists are quite good. I didn't take pictures of the show but I did take lots of photos of the trip. I have been trying to get pictures of snow in the mountains. Even though we had sun, the mountains(Olympics) seemed to be covered in clouds. We got some nice pictures of the Cascades from the ferry.


You can see the Cascades behind the city. They have gotten lots of snow.

The famous space needle with the mountains in the background

More snowy mountains.

Now we are on our way home. It was a beautiful sunset. The colors are not nearly as bright in the photos as they were.

This is Puget Sound with the sunset in the background.

This was looking east and the cloud behind the building was pink from the sunset.



The skyline as we left.

The space needle has a tree for the Christmas Holidays.
Since this is the week of Thanksgiving, I'm thankful that I live in such a beautiful place!
Tomorrow, I'll share pictures of a shopping center that I like to visit just to see the plant containers! Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful! i never saw a tree on the space needle! have they always put one up there? what a job. i am way to height phobic to even think about it. and lake union...my old home! you sure do live in a beautiful place! the blog tech's best friend lives in seattle!

    ReplyDelete