Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mt. Rainier and the Narrows Bridge

We went to an antique show south and east of Seattle today. We were about 60 miles closer to Mt. Rainier than we are from home. The weather was very clear and sunny. I hope you enjoy the pictures we took of the mountain. Sadly, during our last big winter storm 4 people died on the mountain. Two folks had gone climbing and 2 had gone camping. I must admit that I don't understand either activity when a storm that is predicted to be very severe is eminent. However, I'm not a climber and my idea of camping is a very nice bed and breakfast!!!







Here is the famous Tacoma Narrows bridge. There are now 2 bridges. That is very recent. When we first moved out here, there was only 1 bridge and traffic was often a mess. Now it's smooth sailing!

Hope your week-end is going well! Thanks for taking a look!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics but sad news about the loss of life on the Mtn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one impressive mountain. I've never seen so much snow on it before. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete