Friday, May 18, 2012

Update and Bird Houses!

I'm really beginning to think that I should have named this blog "A Little Bit of Everything" I used that several times for post titles.  It seems like all my posts are like that!  First, thank you again to all of you wonderful people who take time to read my ramblings.  I do so appreciate it!! We've had a great stretch of weather with little or no rain.  I even had to water my garden this week.  The 80's are gone but the mid 60's keeps me quite happy and things are still growing like mad.  We spend tons of time in the garden and yard.
I'm still plugging away with "Penny America" I am only able to stitch for about 2 hours each evening.  I will be so glad when this hand gets fixed!! As I have said before, this has been a fun stitch,  I love the bouquet of flowers in the middle. I think it will be all done by Sun. night.  Then I'll get back to the John Foster sampler till I have to stop and have the carpel tunnel surgery.  I hope this will be a terrific week-end for all of you.  Here in Poulsbo we are having a festival that is called "Viking Fest." This honors the Norwegian heritage of the settlers of this town.  I'll try to get a few photos!

 Almost done! The colors in the picture do not do justice to this pretty piece!

 Last night's work!


 We are putting a lot of time and effort into the outdoors right now.  That includes the deck. I have a small collection of bird houses on a table, along with some plants and candles.  The deck is sort of a work in progress as far as decorating!

This is full of things gathered on the shores of the pacific NW .It  is one of my favorites! Again, have a wonderful week-end!


8 comments:

  1. Your finish and your Birdhouses are amazing! I love the shell covered one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Penny America is beautiful! I LOVE your birdhouses!!!I love to decorate with fun birdhouses in my garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love penny America! All of the birdhouses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny America is so pretty! And almost done. :) Love your collection of bird houses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello

    Penny America is looking great!
    I love to see pictures of your garden and your ornament table is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo well done on your penny america progress :) and nice stuff for your garden too :) have a lovely weekend :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are getting really close to a finish Barb!
    Your birdhouse collection looks wonderful.
    The Viking festival sounds interesting. I hope that you have great weather for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your finish is lovely!! Those bird houses are amazing! I love the one decorated with bits from the beach!!

    ReplyDelete