Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Small Finish

I have been thinking about many of you and this horrible heat !! I was shocked to hear that the races at Churchill downs were cancelled due to heat!  We lived in Louisville for 17 years and that never happened.  One of the main reasons that we moved to the Pacific NW was to avoid a hot summer.  When it came time to retire that was an important factor.  We have family out here and had visited often in the summer.  It became an obvious choice for us.  I might add, one that we have never regretted!!! My thoughts have been with many of you.  Plus the poor folks in Colorado(another place we considered)! 
Well, after finishing John, I needed a small project to get me through until the Lizzie-Kate Mystery Halloween Sampler arrives. I liked LHN's , "Summer Splendor".  I had to eliminate the side border because I had a frame I wanted to use.  I got this frame years ago at a craft fair in Ohio. It has a faux wood finish.  You can use it as a free standing frame so I can put it anywhere.  I also started "Salem Village" by The Primitive Needle.  I  felt awful when the stitching community lost this artist.  I love her Halloween designs.
I hope it has been a good week-end for you and we can all look forward to a happy 4th!




The colors are much truer in this photo.  It's a bit crooked as it's not in there permanently. The SBA will stretch it tonight.
Thanks so much for taking a look!

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your Salem Village...I really like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small but lovely finish! The frame is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Barb!
    I love the cooler weather too. I grew up in PA and ME so the heat of NC really gets to me. The mild winters are nice. I do miss the crisp NE autumn.
    Beautiful finish. You are so smart leaving off the side border so it would fit that frame.
    Have a great week! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i, of course, can't wait to see salem village. this one is wonderful! this heat is killing me. i hate any heat at all and this is unbearable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finish , the frame really sets it off. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how much I love this design and your finish is perfect, Barb! How nice to have a frame all ready for it, too!

    Yes, the heat is just horrid and paired with humidity and day after day of the same thing, we are just frying here in the east! I sure hope the weather breaks soon... Enjoy your nice cool Pacific northwest July!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish Barb and great news that you already have a frame for it so you can enjoy right away!

    Have a Happy 4th:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this piece so much! I've admired it on many stitcher's blogs and I love the frame you are using! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete