Friday, June 30, 2017

Stash!!

Good morning cloud friends!! It is such a beautiful day here in the Pacific NW, plenty of blue sky and moderate temps.  The high on the 4th is predicted to be a nice cool 72, I call that just about perfect. I know many of you like it a bit warmer but that's just not me. Anyway, I want to share my stash from our recent trip to Alabama.  I went to two shops and they are both just wonderful.  First, I went to  Cross Stitch Peddler in Decatur, AL.  The second shop is in Huntsville  and is called Patches and Stitches.  Cross Stitch Peddler is all stitching and Patches and Stitches has a great collection of fabric as well as cross stitch supplies.  I can't say enough about how helpful the ladies were in both shops.  On one visit, the lady in Decatur even invited me to stitch with a group of ladies that stitch in her shop on a particular morning.  If you are ever near either of these shops they are well worth a visit.  If you are like me you will want to give them both lots of time!!!!!!!

 One thing I found very exciting was that you could find charts that are very hard to get.  Notice the Halloween Game Board and the Prairie Moon charts.  The shop owner( Cross Stitch Peddler) said that Prairie Moon is no longer in business. ( For anyone interested she had the chart for "Thine is the Trick or Treat"). All the charts were appropriately priced not as though they were hard to get.

 I have always felt so sad about what happened to the designer, Lisa, at the Primitive Needle.  I love her charts and felt so lucky to get this one.  That country sampler design was copyrighted in the 80's.  I will be choosing my own color threads for that one but the design is delightful! 

 I think that is a fairly old BBD chart too.

I plan to stitch this one soon.  As I have 2 Revolutionary War Patriots, I am thinking of substituting  one of the names on the chart for my own ancestors. I bought all the floss and linen to do this one too.  I am using the called for floss and a light tan linen by Lakeside Linen.

Sorry for the blue cast to the photos.  I'm not sure why it is there.  Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week-end and thanks so much for joining me today!!!!

23 comments:

  1. You have some lovely stitching to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 72 degrees is perfect! Would you send some down here to Arizona pleeeeze! Love your new stash. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb: I am one who likes it warm, very warm.
    Lots of great stash you have, Lisa's designs are hard to find you are so lucky.
    Love the Little House Designs.

    Happy Fourth
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, that is a great stash!!! I think we go through one of those towns when we visit friends that live in Alabama. I'm definitely going to look for the shop. You got really great patterns and I look forward to seeing you stitch them up. RJ@stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Barb,72 degrees is as Warm asI like it,it was far to warm here two weeks ago.
    You have acquired some great charts,plenty to chose from.I like all your Hallowe'en choices:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked up some great stash!
    Those Prairie Moons are awesome finds, and the gameboard too.
    I've seen some in shops but the prices are way up.
    Always liked PM, they have some really different designs.
    I hope you have a great 4th!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful new stash.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is going to be exciting to watch these stitches come to life! I can't wait to see!

    Sounds like the weather is a perfect temp - for me as well. I like it a bit cooler!

    Have a great weekend and happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barb! We were recently in Alabama, but nowhere near Decatur or Huntsville... You go some nice charts that I know you will stitch beautifully! How I wish it was 72 HERE! Right now it is 86 but feels like 93! Ugh! Humidity is at 62%. Sigh... Enjoy the holiday weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barb, that is great new stash!I really love all of it - unfortunately I do not live anywhere near Alabama or I would be popping right by to pick up Thine is the Trick or the Treat - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moderate temperatures, that's me, too. The more moderate the better :)

    Ahhhh, your new stash.Isn't it wonderful to visit the the real stores being able to browse through their charts and kits and whatever they carry and seeing all the delightful thread colours with your own eyes and not on a computer screen. You found really great charts. I love Prairie Moon designs but only have two (not stitched yet). And I also love the new LHN series about early Americans. And the other charts are beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful array of new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stash - always a treat to find some of the older oop charts for sale at non-eBay prices!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great new stash :-) I have the Blackbird Designs chart too, It's been sitting waiting to be stitched for quite a few years, so yes, I think it is an old design, but still lovely. It's good that the shop owner didn't take advantage with the pricing on the OOP charts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great new stash, Barb! It has been so long since I've been in a real, honest-to-goodness cross stitch shop that I'm not sure I would know how to act--ha ha!! Love the Prairie Moon charts and it's refreshing to know you paid a fare price for the older charts. I remember when I stumbled upon a rare PS Winter Samplers chart for the originial $6.00 price in a shop--thought I had hit the lottery :)

    Happy 4th to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got some really lovely charts! And nice that the out of print charts were fairly priced. Love the LHN series! May have to check them out when I get a little more stitching time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of great charts! Can't wait to see them stitched!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You got lots of stash! Looking forward to your stitching:)
    Regarding the bluishness on image, I guess one of your camera filters got applied.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful stash! I like both the Prairie Moon charts. I would love to visit a proper US needlework store. I miss my own LNS so much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great stashing! What happened to Lisa at Primitive Needle?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great stash - always a treat to find some of the older oop charts for sale at non-eBay prices!

    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject! 192.168.l.254 address can be used by the users to gain the router admin access and configure their routers and networks.

    ReplyDelete