Friday, July 28, 2017

A Catch Up!

Hi there cloud friends.  Isn't summer flashing by? I have heard many of you say that.  We had a very busy beginning to summer that included a trip to Alabama, a visit from family, and the new floors.  Things are finally settling down. The weather is Washington wonderful.  Most days are in the low 80's or upper 70's.  That is one of the main reasons we moved here, great summer weather. My garden is a bit slower due to a cool and rainy Spring but it is really lovely now. I do have some stitching to share with you.

 If you remember, I was stitching these houses late winter.  We got another beautiful frame from Valley House Primitives.  We scheduled it to come right after our trip to Alabama in June. Unfortunately we came home to the sandy mess of having our hardwood floors put in.  Our family was due in 2 weeks so no time for framing my stitching.  We finally got it done and as usual, Janet did a magnificent job!!!!!

 I just want to show you how the frame looks with the different houses.



I could not be happier.  I was a bit concerned because the design was busy.  I now plan to stitch LHN's  Early Americans.  I know Janet will do a beautiful frame for that design too.  I want to have it done for next summer so I have time for some Halloween things right now. I just started Plum Street's Grim Gourds, I'm loving it!!

 This is BBD's Light Upon the Lawn.  It uses many of the same threads as Winter is Past.  I plan to use some frames I have and hang them together in my upstairs hallway.The colors are way off in this photo. The linen is Lakeside Linen's Vintage Sand Dune, nothing like the photo! The blues look bright but in fact are very pretty! I'm not sure how many of this series I will do. I love the colors.


 The was my only patriotic stitch.  It is from BBD's book called," Sweet Land of Liberty".  That book has several wonderful designs.  This design is also called Sweet land of Liberty.  I'm not sure just how I will finish it but I want to get it done before I get busy on Fall things.

 Just a quick look at the views from the Sequim Lavender Festival.  The smells were amazing!!

My Endless Summer hydrangeas are putting on a lovely show this summer.

I hope this finds all of you doing well and thanks so much for joining me today.

25 comments:

  1. Oh wOw! That frame is so great with your houses! I really love the BBD pieces. Both of them are pretty. So are your hydrangeas.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that frame is wonderful for those pieces! It looks so good! I like the way Light Upon the Lawn looks in the blue that isn't really there! Very pretty, as is Sweet Land of Liberty! It is a dreary rainy day here... oh well, good stitching weather! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That frame really sets off your stitching. Congratulations on getting it framed up along with your other finishes! I really like the patriotic one. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice frame. I can just imagine the lavender scent in a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That frame is great with the houses! Beautiful flowers. Looking forward to your Halloween stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The LH houses look great in that pretty frame.
    Looks like you still had some great stitching time, all very pretty finishes.
    The Hydrangeas are so beautiful, love the blue!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post.
    your LH Houses are wonderful and the frame is perfect.
    Your new stitchng is pretty.
    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The frame is perfect for the LH houses, I love how the color in the frame picks up the colors in the stitch. Both your BBD stitches are gorgeous, I've been eyeing that LIght upon the Lawn,it is a popular one and so pretty. The lavender field is gorgeous. Enjoy your weekend, Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful embroidery, the frame makes the whole still perfect.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your beautiful stitching looks fantastic in its frame.
    Love your other projects too.
    What a lovely picture of the Lavender fields.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love stitching houses Barb and yours are some of the prettiest I've seen. I really love the patriotic one and I must look for that book. Weather sounds perfect in Washington. Love your pretty flowers.
    RJ @ stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  12. That frame is great with the houses! Beautiful flowers. Looking forward to your Halloween stitching:)
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how lovely! The frame is perfect! I wish our weather was like yours - today we are sitting at 39 celcius with the humidity. Its so horrible outside no one goes out. Terrible.

    I have been thinking about needle punching. Have you ever tried that? I am incredibly unsuccessful with my x stitching so I am thinking that perhaps needle punching would be easier for me?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful stitching. The frame looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent frame choice for the LHN houses!

    It's frustrating that the camera just doesn't render color accurately, but we get the gist. :)

    Hot weather is coming! Hope you find ways to stay cool. We're going over to Long Beach this weekend, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a beautiful frame you found for the houses. It looks gorgeous.
    Great stitching on those smaller designs by BBD. The blues are stunning.
    It sounds like some nice not too hot weather that you have. WE have ups and downs but no big heat wave in sight and I'm more than happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful Barb! Love those hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect frame, it looks great!
    I love the colours in Light Upon the Lawn.
    Lovely photos, I bet it did smell wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty post, Barb! Your finishes are delightful and I do love the frame, too :) The blues in that BBD series are so wonderful. I bought the first two charts, but haven't started them yet.

    Hope your August is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The frame looks great with the little houses. I do like that design and also the lovely blues in the BBD piece.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your framed finish looks amazing! I love stitched houses but don't like stitching them myself so I can admire yours instead.
    Lovely new stitches too.
    I love hydrangeas and yours are especially gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. that frame is perfect!! It looks wonderful!! Ugh we have had inner 100 degree temps here! You are lucky to have such nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have such beautiful scenery where you live and it is always a treat to see pictures. All of those eagles must have been quite a sight. And what a majestic mountain! You really make me want to visit. : )

    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect frame for your beautiful stitching! Our weather has been typical for Illinois -- hot & humid, although we have enjoyed about a week without the air conditioner running.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The framed finish looks great and the cross stitch projects look beautiful !! The flowers are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete