Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall flowers and another oldie but goodie!

Today was a perfect day in the Pacific NW. It was just about 75 and sunny all day. I couldn't help but get into the garden for a few photos of my fall blooming flowers. Fall is my favorite season. I trim several kinds of flowers during the summer just to get them to bloom in the fall. I'm also adding another favorite cross stitch. It is a Prairie Schooler that I did 3 or 4 years ago. It is called "Harvest Time." Of course, I did the witch! I probably used the recommened fabric and floss-can't remember for sure. The big treat of the day was a phone call from my Grandson. He usually does not talk much on the phone but today we talked to him for about 1/2 hour. He is now 6! What a doll!


Beautiful white Japanese Anemone.





This one took the longest time to get big. Like the saying goes for perennials- first they sleep, then they creep, and then they leap!



I love this combo-red rubecia and golden rod.

Asters and coreopsis.

The asters are one plant that I cut in half in July.

Beautiful black-eyed Susan!

There she is.



Loads of pumpkins!

Thanks for taking a look . I'll have more Halloween stuff tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Fall flower snaps!!! - and - just love the PS HT piece - another great Hallowe'en piece!!

    ReplyDelete