Monday, November 7, 2011

End of the Trip!

The end of our fall trip took us to Southern Ohio. Considering we lived for many years in Louisville , it was a bit like coming home. On Sat. am we went for a great walk in a nature preserve. On Sun. afternoon my niece took me for a drive to look at old houses. While I do LOVE the Pacific NW, I miss the old homes that you see in other parts of the country. We were flying home through Nashville so we needed to pass through Louisville. We only had about 30 minutes to spare so we were not able to see any friends but did get a drive by our old house.

A view of the mighty Ohio River from the nature preserve.

Now we can grow many things here in the NW , but the one thing we can't grow is the wonderful vine bittersweet! It was growing wild in the nature preserve!

Such beautiful berries. One market here sold branches-$15 for a handful!!!

When my niece and I were looking at old houses, we saw an open house right next door to this home. They were built in the early 1800's. The one we saw had original fireplaces and much original wood trim-just wonderful!!! Good thing I love the NW or I would have bought the house on the spot!!

I love old stone foundations!

Here's the home we had in Louisville.

I think a Halloween lover bought it from the people we sold it to.

Right down the street, I saw more Halloween lovers! Makes me feel good!

Thanks for taking a walk down memory lane with me. Tomorrow, I'm posting Thanksgiving decorating and cross stitch.

1 comment: