Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A few Cross Stitch Catch Ups

Well, as the poem goes,"Dull November brings the blast," sounds like our very cool weather. However, we did have a nice sunny day! I have a few photos of the current projects! As I'm recovery from some so -called minor surgery, I'm getting a lot of cross stitch done. I also started a new book, "Nightwoods" by Charles Frazier. So far I find it very interesting. I loved his book ,Cold Mountain from several years ago. This book is very different from Cold Mountain as far as the time of the story is concerned. Will write more about it as I go.

I've had this cute little pillow for quite a long time. I think a moth got at it but I keep it for the pattern!

This one of the Prairie Schooler monthly series. I used the recommended fabric and floss. I use the frame for several designs which saves on framing costs.

This looks so drab! Sorry for the photo quality. It does however, look super in this frame. This is another frame I use for other designs. (Remember "Witchy).

It was fun doing the other stitches on the pumpkin and turkey's tail.

Here's progress on the Quaker Thanksgiving. Again I'm not too happy with the colors. They are actually very lovely.

The pumpkin was fun. Today, I'm working on the turkey. Maybe I'll have it finished tomorrow.
Thanks for taking a look!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful seasonal stitching!
    Everything is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! Would love to know the designers of the Quaker pattern an the "give thanks". My mother collects turkeys so I'm always excited to find new patterns to stitch for her! Thanks an happy stitching!!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete