Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas at the Lighthouse

As I have mentioned in this blog, my husband and I volunteer as docents at a historic lighthouse about 45 minutes from our home. We love lighthouses and consider it a privilege to live near one. This one is called the Point No Point lighthouse. It was built in 1879 and is the oldest lighthouse on Puget Sound. Today , a Christmas house tour was held in the town near the lighthouse. The lighthouse was featured and we agreed to work for a few hours. The lighthouse was decorated so pretty for the tour. I hope you enjoy seeing the photos!

As you can see from the blue sky, we had a great day!

Hot cider and cookies were served in what was the old fog horn room . This room was added to the lighthouse in 1900.

Santa was sitting in one of the restored fog horns.

Each window was decorated with fresh evergreens, a bow, and a candle.

The tree was decorated with lighthouse ornaments.

This doorway separates the fog room from the original lighthouse.

Even the shelves were decorated.





There is renovating going on at the lighthouse. This little elf was put in one of the holes.

A view of beautiful Puget Sound.

It takes money to keep the lighthouse in good repair.

This view shows you one of the many reasons we love Point No Point! Thanks for taking a look!

4 comments:

  1. i love lighthouses too and this one is wonderful! we once stayed in one on prince edward island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful lighthouse and I think the decorations are adorable. I love the little lighthouses. You do live in beautiful country. I love it up there. It's been awhile since Hubby and I have visited. My sister and I are planning a little trip up there this spring. I'm hoping to put the lighthouse on the agenda. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too appreciate living near Point No Point. The lighthouse looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete