Thursday, October 27, 2011

Vintage Halloween!

Today's post shows my small collection of vintage Halloween with a special emphasis on witches. Whenever I go to an antique mall, shop, or show, I keep my eye out for Halloween items. They are few and far between so I'm glad to have what I have. My good friend , Doreen had quite a nice collection and we had fun sharing ideas. She has moved away and I miss her, especially in the fall!!
I found this nice horn/noise maker at a mall near here. It was a good deal. In fact, I came home and looked it up in my book of Halloween values and ended up taking the ferry back to buy it!
It is a US Metal toy from the 1930's.


Here is a close up of the witch.

This cute noise maker is also made by US Metal Toys. It is from the 1940's.

Here is another noise maker. It is another US Metal Toy Co. This is possibly from the 20's.



This little tin clicker is made by Kirchhof, probably from the 50's.

This cute witch tambourine is made by Kirchhof in the 30's. It s special because it was a gift from Doreen.

This little broomed witch diecut is from Germany in the 1920's.

I have several post cards. This one is by Raphael Tuck and Sons.

This one is from Ironton Ohio in 1902.

A fun little game by Beistle came out in 1940.

This post card says copyright by M. L. Jackson.

I love that little rhyme.

This is another Raphael Tuck and Sons card. The post mark is dated 1908.

This is called "The Bogie Book." It was made by Dennison for their Holiday series. This particular book came out in 1926.

I love this picture. It is made from a Halloween Bag from the 1920's. It was made by the Beistle Co.

I love the hearth.



Wouldn't you love to be at this party!!

Several years ago I bought this witch diecut at an antique fair in Louisville. It is called the walking witch. It was made in Germany in the 1920-30's.

Thanks for touring my vintage Halloween. Tomorrow we'll have a look at my witch book collection.

3 comments:

  1. i have a bunch of these same things. i love seeing your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun Halloween things! I think I need to come trick or treating at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, what a wonderful collection! I love these cards. here in Germany we don't have Halloween, but I know it from my childhood on.
    Thanks for showing.
    Greetings from Germany, Gabi

    ReplyDelete