Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall in the Yard

This was a lovely Sunday in the Pacific NW. It was a great day to look at fall color. Since fall is probably my favorite season, I have planted for fall color in my yard. Plus , to my pleasure, some of my late summer flowers still look quite lovely. We spent the afternoon at a meeting about our wonderful lighthouse that is going through serious renovation. It was good to hear about its progress. Also, starting tomorrow, I will be highlighting my witch collection. Each day in the week before Halloween, I'll show a different category of my collection. Hope you can join me!

The oak leaf hydrangea.

This is an amazing grape vine I planted about 2 years ago. Again, the color is only fair in these pictures. The vine lights up my back yard!

Sorry for these washed out colors. The real thing is beautiful!

This is a parrotia tree. The vine grows with this.

Lovely dahlias!





My Japanese Anemone, Margaret is just great. It has been blooming for weeks!

This is a ground cover that has pretty blue flowers and then turns lovely in the fall. I think it's common name is Leadwort.
Hope everyone has a great pre-Halloween week!

No comments:

Post a Comment